Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Model" Shoot!

Well, I finally got off my butt and did some shooting today. My wife's cousin has been staying with us for a couple of weeks, and I really wanted to shoot her tattoos. I say "Model" in quotes because she is not a "real" model, but I think she should do it more. We had a great time.

My original idea for hard natural light and dramatic black and whites of the tattoos quickly fell by the wayside as I wanted to get more of her face in the frames and just kind of let her tats tell a story. I was relatively pleased with the results, but it definitely showed me a few areas that I need to address equipment wise. Sigh, why is it every time I shoot I wind up needing to buy more stuff? lol. Here are a couple of shots...

 
Not really a "studio" shoot. Because I originally had the bright window light in mind, I shot these in the living room. Sadly, my couch is playing a supporting role...

 
I LOVE the color version of this picture, but I had to do ONE in black and white...

 
I wanted to get more hair light on this picture, but that pointed out a hole in my gear. I need another remote trigger so I can arrange my strobes EXACTLY where I want them. Relying on triggering optically is less than ideal...

 
Thanks for sitting for me Gina!

No comments:

Post a Comment